02 Jul Invigorating Lip Balm
Time to make: 30 minutes
Total cost: Approximately $2.30 per lip balm depending on essential oils used
Total savings: Average all natural lip balm is over $5.00
Number of toxins: o
These make amazing gifts for teachers, friends, give it along with other DIYs for a thoughtful (and easy on the wallet) gift.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup Organic Beeswax
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1000 IU Vitamin E capsule (1)
- (Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Stress Away™ blend, Orange)
How to make it:
- In a glass measuring cup with pour spout, add your beeswax and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until it is melted.
- I pierced a Vitamin E capsule with a pin and squeezed the liquid vitamin E into the measuring cup with the coconut oil and beeswax.
- Add about 20 drops* of essential oils. (it’s best to wait about 3-4 minutes from the time you take the melted mixture out of the microwave before adding the EO’s. The time it takes to add the vitamin E is normally sufficient)
- Pour into your lip balm containers slightly past the top. The mixture will “shrink” when it cools so if you slightly fill so that it is just too full, then it cools to the perfect level.
Makes 6 tubes in standard lip balm tubes.
I like to add a bit more peppermint to get that minty fresh tingle on my lips. I also love combinations. I did some with 20 drops peppermint and 10 drops lavender together. It’s amazing! Mix some, do some by themselves, whatever makes you happy!
This will cool just fine on your counter in a matter of minutes, or you can pop in the refrigerator also!
TIPS for Consistency:
For a firmer balm – use a tablespoon more beeswax
For a softer balm – use a tablespoon more coconut oil